Laptop DC jack repair
- Remove the battery to prevent electric shock and hardware damage, the voltage can be risk for your life.
- Unscrew the screw mounting hard disk to remove hard disk, and then remove the hard disk drive.
- Remove the RAM closer to unmount RAM, and then unmount the Random Access Memory.
- Remove the closer of the screen’s wire carefully to reach to the screws mounting keyboard, but before unmounting the keyboard, unplug the display wire.
- Unscrew the screw mounting keyboard and carefully take the keyboard, flip it and put it on keys side, then disconnect the wire of the keyboard.
- Unscrew the screw mounting closer of the WLAN NIC to unmount WLAN NIC, and then unmount the WLAN NIC.
- Remove the screw mounting the screen to unmount screen, then unplug the screen wire to unmount screen.
- Take off the WLAN NIC wires to unmount screen.
- Remove the screen carefully to maintain the condition of the screen
- Remove the screws on the bottom side of laptop to gain access to internal hardware, and then remove the DVD-drive to make a possibility of taking out the motherboard.
- Flip the laptop on top side to reach the cables on the second side, after that unplug 2 cables in the middle, because they are attached to the motherboard.
Laptop DC jack repair – removing the heatsink
- Unscrew the screw near the screen port to unlock the access to components underneath it and remove the top casing to gain access to the heatsink.
- Remove the heatsink of the chipset and GPU to uninstall motherboard, nextly remove the hard disk bay to uninstall motherboard.
- Unscrew the screw mounting the CPU heatsink to uninstall motherboard, and then take off the CPU heatsink to uninstall motherboard.
- Unplug the wires near the right speaker, because they are attached to the motherboard.
- Take off the mockup of the cards slot (not needed when uninstalling the motherboard).
- Remove the upcase of the laptop, so we can access to the motherboard in order to take it out for desoldering the DC jack.
Laptop DC jack repair – desoldering DC jack
- Take the motherboard out and put the motherboard in a special place to start desoldering the DC jack.
- Now I remove the DC jack with the desoldering gun carefuly.
- Now I clean the soldering points to remove old solder.
- Then I put in the new DC jack and solder it to the mainboard and check if the function is given.
Laptop DC jack repair – assembling the laptop
- Put the motherboard back to the case.
- Screw in the screw mounting the motherboard to the downcase.
- Plug the wires near the right speaker (connected earlier to the motherboard).
- Put in the mockup of the cards slot back.
- Put the CPU heatsink on the CPU, and then screw in the screws mounting the CPU heatsink.
- Screw in the screw mounting hard disk bay, and then put the HDD back at its place.
- Screw in the screws near the screen ports, and then plug in the speaker cables.
- Connect 2 cables of the closer of the screen’s wire and plug the keyboard to the mainboard.
- Mount the RAM to the slots for the Random Access Memory and WLAN NIC to its place.
- Screw in the screw that will mount the WLAN NIC.
- Screw in the screws mounting the uppercase with lowercase in order to fix both cases and the integrals to the case.
- Mount the RAM closer and the HDD closer using the screws to prevent from hardware damages.
The replace of the DC-Jack costs are 100 € until 150 € and take one week.